I had to blog this one since I don't do a journal. I don't want to forget it! On Sunday I had to speak in sacrament meeting. That sounds scary enough but it was so much worse. I got a chance to sit down on Friday and write the talk on the computer. I had most of my thoughts written down and I just needed to go over them and finalize things. I ran Canyon up to his room for a nap and while I was upstairs for all of 2 minutes, McKenzie accidently deleted my unsaved document!! I cried. Then I gave her a hug and told her I wasn't mad, and sat down to write again! Then I got a cold, which wasn't too bad, but when I woke up on Sunday morning I got a call from Everett who was a meeting asking me if the power was out at the house. I said no and he told me that it had just gone out at the church. I was about to jump for joy at the thought of sacrament being canceled, but he quickly told me they would hold it anyway. There were about 4 battery lights in the chapel that shed just enough light that you wouldn't trip as you were walking around. I then asked if the microphone was on batteries. He laughed and said, "No Microphone babe". I just about died. Our ward is exploding at the seams we are so large. We pack the chapel all the way back to the middle of the gym. We have 4 nurseries and a huge primary, so it gets really noisy. How in the world was I supposed to speak with no microphone. Well to make a long story a little shorter, I did in fact have to speak and I just did my best to shout my talk. I don't think many people heard it but oh well and on the light side of things...I didn't feel self concious standing up there because no one could see my face in the dark! What a weird and hopefully never to be duplicated experience.
4 comments:
What an experience. I wish that I would have been there! I am sure that you did a great job.
That would be my nightmare for a talk in sacrament. What a good sport you are! So when are you due? I can't wait to find out what you are having. I hope you are feeling good.
Wow! Crazy! No doubt you were terrific.
I'm sure you looked beautiful as always. I'm not sure anyone would have been able to hear the talk with a microphone because you have a VERY noisy ward. Oh well, their loss. Love you.
Post a Comment