It's been a long time since I posted last. Just a lot of stuff going on in this house. Three busy kids, a preschool to run, and lets be completely honest...I would rather play with my kids than write about them in a post. I know I should be better at jotting things down but I'm not. It usually takes me several intervals to get a complete post because I keep getting interrupted by motherly duties. Canyon said the cutest thing the other day. We took brownies down to Everett's office for his 2nd anniversary with the state job. I kept telling him that we were going to Daddy's office then to McKenzie's dance. So there he was in his car seat and as cute as can be he says..."we go Daddy's office, then we go Kenzie's dance." I said " that's right Canyon" and he promptly says, "I not talking to you mom, I talking to MYSELF!" I quickly apologized for interrupting and let him continue the conversation!! Then at church the other day Autumn got a hold of some paper. It ended up in her mouth and Canyon took it away saying, "Au (he doesn't say the "t" sound and draws out the "u" sound) umn you don't eat paper....that disgusting!" He just cracks me up with his vocabulary.
McKenzie is doing so well in preschool. I am on this "high" from getting to teach her how to read and do math. She is doing so well and I'm learning so many things about how to teach reading. It's funny but I am just absolutely loving discovering new teaching things. I'm more excited than ever about preschool and I think several of my kids are catching onto reading besides McKenzie. My goal is to get them all reading by the end of the year...we'll see if I can achieve it! The other day she said to me, "Mom let's do math." I said okay let's do math. So she pulled out a sheet of paper and sat there and let me give her addition and subtraction problems to do for well over half an hour.
Autumn is just a bundle of joy. She tried to give a stuffed bear her binki the other day. I thought it was a fluke thing and then Granny Goon told me that she tried to do it to her too! She is starting to move around a lot more on the floor. She sits up so well, the next thing to work on is crawling! I'm not ready for it so I'm not encouraging it too much. She is already 6 and a half months old! How time flies. I'm loving life with three kids, it's so chaotic at times but yet so fulfilling!





1 comment:
I'm very impressed that she's doing math and reading! Wow! And I love Canyon's 'talking to myself' comment. Hilarious!
Post a Comment