The Family

The Family
The Family

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Question

So my last post was about my daughter's beautiful hair. I am going to the salon on Friday to have my hair done and I think McKenzie is due for a little trim. I was thinking a few inches just to take some of the really straggly hairs off....well she wants it short and with bangs. I am not a fan of this idea. Everett thinks I should let her be her own person and if I start young then She might not rebel so much as a teenager. What are your thoughts? Please leave comments...I need all the angles I can get!

6 comments:

The Draxler Days said...

I have an idea...see if you can find one of those virtual hair cut things online so that you could show her how her hair might look short! Good luck to you!

The Pedersen Haus said...

Don't ask me my 4 year old has a pink extension right now because I let her call the shots with her hair!!! (It is REALLY cute though and quicker to do!)

Tim and Janet said...

She has such beautiful hair that it really doesn't matter - she will look cute no matter how her hair is. Hair will always grow if you don't like it!!
Love Grandma Janet

Jess said...

I am having the same dilema! I want to cut Kelsey's but she wants it long. Who wins??

Stephanie said...

I kept putting off Karli when she wanted me to cut her hair short because I loved her long, curly hair. Then one day I came in and found she had cut her own hair. I was pretty sad but I realize now it really suits her.

I don't know if I would let her do it this soon. Set a date (maybe schedule an appointment just for her) a few weeks in the future so that she has time to really think about it. She may just change her mind between now and then.

Good luck! :)

~Stephanie

Tasha said...

Very tough call. Honestly, hair grows back, so why not let her try it?