The Family

The Family
The Family

Monday, October 4, 2010

This one's for you JUDY!! Alaska - Seattle Extraordinaire!






Everett and I were so blessed to be able to take a 12 day trip together to celebrate 10 awesome years! These past 10 years have been amazing. Definitely filled with more highs than lows. This trip definitely scored right up there with best of the highs. We went on a 7 day Alaskan cruise first. They had unseasonably warm and sunny weather for us 6 of the 7 days. We had an absolutely beautiful view of Alaska in the warm shining sun! Some of the highlights were watching the calving of the glaciers in glacier bay, taking the white pass railroad and seeing Everett's eyes just light up. This was his dream vacation and the white pass railroad was the highlight of the dream. It was a beautiful train ride that took us to the Canadian border of the Klondike. We then got to tour the city of Skagway and see some of the homes and spots around town that are in the book Everett was reading. The word Skagway means "where you never breathe the same air twice". This name was given because it is always windy there and you typically have rain or snow mixed in with the wind. However the day we were there, it was sunny, not a cloud in the sky and a perfect 70 degrees. We also saw Juneau and the highlight there was looking at Mendenhall glacier and seeing all the ice in the water from it calving. We went to Ketchikan and saw the lumberjack show. We also got to see a seal eat a salmon right there in the river. That was pretty interesting. Everett and I had such an amazing time. We recommend cruising to everyone. Such fun way to see the world and not have to worry about driving, cleaning, where to eat and where to stay. On the ship we played tennis and I entered a free throw contest where I took 2nd place!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on 10 years. You totally deserved a trip like that. I bet you loved just having Everett to yourself. Love the pictures.

Sharina said...

Sigh....Oh how fun!!! Good for you guys. That is absolutely amazing and awesome!

K said...

I love cruises, and I loved my Alaskan cruise. So many beautiful things to see and adventurous things to do. I'm so glad you had a chance to have a long getaway together. I'm sure you enjoyed it!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! And what beautiful and amazing pictures. I would love to see Alaska someday.

Trulee said...

What a fun time you guys must have had! The pictures are beautiful. Here's to the next 10 years. What trip will you take then? ;)